The Monthly Newsletter of the Chinle Cactus & Succulent Society
2018 Succulent Morsels
Click on a date to open the .pdf
- October 2018 September in the gardens • links to the September Big Bend meeting presentation • Bringing cacti and succulents in for the winter
- September 2018 Tributary award • August garden parties at our demonstration gardens • What’s Eating You?
- August 2018 In memoriam: George Dunham • July garden parties at our demonstration gardens • On Yucca glauca (soapweed yucca) • Guided mushroom foray invitation • Club embroidery and silk screen patterns available at Hole in the Wall • CSU Extension garden 18 years ago
- July 2018 The club pilgrimage to Arizona – scenes from Day 2 • June garden parties at our demonstration gardens • Scale on yucca • On spines and glochids • What’s blooming?
- June 2018 The club pilgrimage to Arizona – scenes from Day 1 • Club garden activities • Identifying Coryphantha • The club at the CSU Demonstration Day
- May 2018 The club at the 16th Annual Arbor Fest • April garden parties at our demonstration gardens • Pictorial extracts of the April Meeting: “Creating a Cactus Community” • A Few words about Facebook • Syopses of the November-December 2017 issue of the Cactus and Succulent Society of America Journal
- April 2018 The April program: John (“Obie”) Oberhausen: “Creating a Cactus Community” • The club will be at the 16th Annual Arbor Fest April Garden Parties at our demonstration gardens • We are live on Facebook! • Pictorial extracts of the March meeting: “A Summer Sampler of the Sonoran Desert” • Transitioning indoor plants to the outdoors
- March 2018 March Program: Don Campbell: “A Summer Sampler of the Sonoran Desert • Highlights of the February Meeting: what’s “Walkin’ Away” all about? • The Arcane Art of Cactus Grafting • Notes on the California condor (Gymnogyps californianus)
- February 2018 February Program: Kenton Seth on “Walkin’ Away from Natives and Cacti” • Scenes from the January Meeting • The 2018 Chinle club photo contest announced • Chinle C&SS field trip guidelines
- January 2018 January Program: Don Campbell & Ken Weissenburger on: “Highlights of our 2017 Vernal UT area field trip and what’s in store for the 2018 Vermilion Cliffs AZ area excursion” • Scenes from the Annual Dinner Meeting • Kenton Seth on “Microclimates and your Cactus & Succulent Garden” • “Time to Put Cactus on the Menu” • Once in a Blue Moon